Work On Posture
Stand up straight, shoulders back, chest up, pull belly button in
Wall Posture Strengthening Exercise
Stand with back facing the wall, heels are 2 inches from the wall. Push butt, back, shoulders, head and hands into the wall and hold for 30-60 seconds.
Hydration (with the exception of someone with congestive heart failure)
Drink about ½ your bodyweight in ounces of water EVERYDAY!
This will help you move better (inside and out) and think clearer. This will help you avoid dehydration and move meds through your body.
Practice Big Steps
Pulling your knees up high (keep your core engaged!) walk HEEL-TO-TOE. Walk with good posture (shoulders back and down, gaze straight head, stay long through the neck) and actively swing your arms.
Stand or sit up straight, shoulders back, and bell button in. Breathe in through your belly, filling your belly with air. Breathe out collapsing your ribs to push all air out. Try to make the length of your inhale match the length of your exhale. Repeat 5 times.
Make exaggerated facial expressions (smile, surprised, frown, move your eyes).
Roll your hands in circles, open and close your hands.
Roll your ankles in circles, open and close toes.
Full Body Stretching
Refer to the beginning of our first virtual workout video posted on our YouTube channel (search 110 Fitness on YouTube).
Please do in a safe place and have the help of a cornerman if necessary.
• Take your shoes off. Stand up and feel the ground under your feet. Work on lifting all ten toes and then placing one toe on the ground at a time. Ground down through all four corners of your feet.
• Standing with your feet hip width distance apart, shift your weight front to back and side to side.
• Walk heel to toe in a straight line.
• Walk lifting one knee and connecting elbow to knee.
• Lunges with twist.
• Stand on one leg near a wall.
Work on cardio 10-20 minutes daily. Get your heart rate above normal, breathing at a comfortable rate. Do some brisk walking or go for a run!
Work your big muscle groups from head-to-toe. Repeat 10-20 of each (repeat as needed).
• Push ups: off the floor, off your knees, off the wall or an elevated surface like a countertop.
• Squats (from sitting position)
• Calf raises
Repeat 10-20 of each (repeat as needed). Lay on your back OR work from a chair.
• Crunches (upper abs)
• Bicycles (obliques)
Refer to the end of our first virtual workout video posted on our YouTube channel (search 110 Fitness on YouTube).
Document the date and how you feel that day and what you did for activity.